Safety in Sport
All competitive sports come with some sort of risk, and cheerleading is no exception. At Limelight, we are taking precautions to lower the risks associated with our sport and training our athletes and staff with the latest techniques in skill development and emergency procedures.
How Limelight is leading the charge in safety!
- Competitive Coach Training
- Our competitive coaches participate in an annual 2-3 day course to learn proper spotting, skill progression and safety measures.
- Many coaches are CPR/First-Aid certified
- Coaches participate in on-going internal training
- Concussion Management Programs– Limelight will work with industry experts at LifeMark to create a specialized program for our gym that includes:
- Baseline Testing (including computerized testing, balance & vestibular testing, eye tracking testing and more),
- Coaches & Parents Info Sessions about concussions
- LOCAL Concussion Specialist therapist that they’ve vetted – and educated about our sport! This therapist will actually be able to TREAT concussions, and give you the most up-to-date return to play advice.
- We sell concussion headbands in our gym. These headbands are highly recommended for all athletes training at level 2 and higher.
- Injury and risk management
- The staff provides follow up for injuries to assess the athlete and make any recommendations deemed necessary.
- Athletes participate in semi-annual emergency and safety seminars.
Although we cannot prevent all injuries, Limelight is taking precautions to ensure the safest environment possible for you and your children.
If you have symptoms of concussion, please contact LifeMark Woodbridge.
Understanding Concussion Guide Woodbridge
Return to Learn after Concussion
Return to Play after Concussion