Originally from Texas, Jerry has lived in Ontario, Canada since 2008. He has been in the cheerleading world since 1987 when he cheered in high school and college in Midland, TX. As a 2-time NCA collegiate All-American athlete he competed on two of the most talented collegiate cheerleading programs in the US for Texas Tech University and Oklahoma State University. During college, he worked for The National Cheerleading Association and America’s Best as a college and high school camp head instructor. In the mid 1990’s, he began the Texas Lonestars, which was one of the first coed allstar teams in Dallas. He, along with Cheer Athletics founder Jody Melton, created the first OPEN allstar team called Texas Allstars (first national champion open team). He began Spirit Mall, the first online store for cheerleading, with Connie Russell in 1996.
Here are just a few more of his successes:
- 2015 Impact Award for the Ontario Self-Employment Benefit Program from Essential Communications
- Judged in the USA for national competitions including NCA, WSA, ACDC, JamFest, America’s Best and the Cheerleading Worlds in 2008. Judged in Canada for I-Cheer, OCF and events on the East Coast.
- Judged internationally in Japan, Scotland, Mexico and the Bahamas.
- Sales Director for Spirit Innovations and ProCheer
- Director of Cheer Channel by America’s Best
- Board of Directors Member for Japan Songleaders and Dance Association
- Created the first USA national team, USA Spirit Team in 2001
- Head Coach for Texas Tech University Cheerleaders
- Coached a Canadian team to worlds 6 years, top Canadian team 2011
- Speaker at cheer conferences for ACDC, Manitoba Cheerleading Federation and SHOUT Cheer and DanceHe is a well-known choreographer across the globe, having choreographed championship teams in such places as Costa Rica, Mexico, Colombia, Canada, USA, Sweden, Japan, Taiwan, England, Germany, and more. He is the winner of numerous choreography awards. Below is a list of just some of the teams he has worked with:College/University – The University of Oklahoma, Florida State University, Trinity Valley Community College, The Ohio State University, York University, The University of Manitoba, Brock University, Paris Junior College, Midland College, Blinn College, Kilgore College, Texas Tech University…School – Maple High School, Beaver Brea High School, Langstaff Secondary School, Tulsa Union High School, Grand Prairie High School, Notre Dame Welland, Grand Prairie High School, Claremore High School, Paramus Catholic High School…
- All Star – Limelight Cheerleading Allstars, Ultimate Canadian Cheer, Woodlands Elite, Pro Spirit, Stars Athletics, Texas Lonestar Cheer, Wolverine Elite, Texas Cheer, Kingston Elite, Synergy Elite, Express Cheer, Alpha Cheer Force, Tampa Cheer, North Dallas Divas, Jaguar Cheer Academy, OC Allstars…
- Special Events – Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC, Brach’s Holiday Parade in Chicago, US ARMY Bowl Half-time show starring Alicia Keys, Cotton Bowl Half Time Show, Purple Party performance starring Thea Austin…
As a performer:
- Danced professionally for Beauty Control Cosmetics, Curves, Bacardi Spice
- Cheered across Taiwan on a team of collegiate cheerleaders from the US
- Cheered in Japan as part of the Italian INDY racer Minardi
- Performed with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders at Half Time
Currently, Jerry is proud to be the owner/director of Limelight Cheerleading Allstars in Vaughan, Ontario. His goal it to build a huge program that is both nationally and internationally recognized. Limelight has grown from 1 team in 2012 to 9 teams and over 100 athletes in 2014. LCA moved to its own location in the spring of 2015.
Jerry is sought after for his experience and expertise to offer critiques and advice to some of the top programs in the region. He has plans to begin a competition company, a camp and clinic company, and a choreography/music division of Limelight.